Monday, April 14, 2014
Recently I gave into the temptation of stepping into a Sephora in the mall. After about 20 minutes of convincing myself I needed certain beauty products that I had never even heard of, I snapped back to reality and added up the price of my few small products. For not needing anything, I was certainly going to be spending a lot of money. To get my makeup fix, I then went to the local Ulta Beauty Store and my local drugstore and found tons of products I love for a fraction of the price. Makeup does not need to be something that breaks the bank (though it is fun to get some of those high quality products from time to time).
Here are a few of my top makeup products that you can get on any budget!
1. Best Eyeliner: Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner - $5
image via avon
I personally love this eyeliner because it goes on smooth and dark. Many pencil eyeliners that I've tried just don't give the same effect as this Avon pick. I've been using it for multiple years and have no complaints! I get mine in black, but it comes in five different colors.
Get it here: www.shop.avon.com for $5
2. Best Eyeshadow: NYX Trio Palette - $5.79
This palette, called "Love in Rio" is the perfect eyeshadow for everyday use. You can keep it light and simple or you can add definition with the darker colors to contrast the light ones. Either way, NYX makes some really awesome eyeshadows, and this palette comes in many other colors!
Check it out here: Amazon.com $5.79
3. Best Powder Foundation - Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Talc-Free Powder - $11.58
Though I am not crazy about the packaging of this product (it can get quite messy), I do love the even finish it gives. With the use of a good foundation brush, the mineral powder covers evenly and beautifully. I also have a mineral powder foundation that is three times the price of this one, but I end up using this way more!
Get it here: Amazon.com - $11.58
4. Best Liquid Foundation - Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup - $7.22
I rarely leave the house without having a layer of this on. Not only does it cover smoothly and evenly, but, especially for us fair skinned folk, it has SPF 18! This protects your face on those sunny days and keeps your skin healthy and beautiful.
Get it here: Amazon.com - $7.22
5. Best Liquid Eyeliner - e.l.f. 3 Piece Liquid Eyeliner Set - $5.86
Though I only have the eyeliner in black, I already have this pack in my Amazon shopping cart. The black goes on dark and smooth and keeps your eyes looking defined. I do have other glitter liners, and I can't wait to try e.l.f.'s line as well!
Get yours here: Amazon - $5.86
6. Best Mascara - Maybelline New York Full 'N Soft Mascara in Very Black - $4.49
For soft and natural looking (but dark and defined) lashes, this is the mascara for you. It doesn't get clumpy, it doesn't stick together, and it is easy to remove. I just love how it doesn't look overdone and still feels natural.
Get it here: Amazon - $4.49
7. Best Highlighter - e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls - $7.36
What I love about e.l.f.'s baked products are the way they highlight without being sparkly. Glitter all over your cheeks is something of the past, but giving a healthy and illuminated glow is exactly what you want. It gives a youthful and beautiful sheen that gets me compliments every time I wear it!
Get yours here: Amazon - $7.36
8. Best Blush - e.l.f. Blush in Candid Coral - $5.30
Before you illuminate your cheeks use this matte blush to give a rosy finish to your face. There are a few different colors to choose from, and they all come out beautifully when applied with a blush brush!
Get yours here: Amazon - $5.30
9. Best Concealer - NYC Cover Stick (3 pack) - $7.36
For those tiny blemishes or dark bags under your eyes, I always keep this cover stick handy. It goes on nice and light and is easily blended with your finger. This is a must have for at home and on the go.
Get yours at: Amazon - $7.50
10. Best for Eyebrows - e.l.f. Eyebrow Treat and Tame - $6.74
This is the perfect product to keep your brows in line. It goes on like mascara for your eyebrows, but it doesn't feel thick or clumpy. You can easily define your eyebrows in one quick swipe of the wand, and you can choose from three different colors!
Get yours here: Amazon - $6.74
11. Best for Lips - Covergirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm - $5
If you are someone who likes slight lip color, but not bold shades, this is the lip color for you. This goes on more like a balm than a lipstick, and leaves a pretty and soft color that doesn't take over your whole look. This is perfect for on the go application!
Check it out: Amazon - $5
What are your favorite budget makeup products?
Thursday, April 10, 2014
image via www.norestforbridget.com
One of my most recent shopping discoveries is a site called No Rest for Bridget. This shop has tons of adorable dresses, blouses, shorts, pants, accessories, and even little gifts (candles, books, etc). As Spring is now in full swing, you can't go wrong with many of the trendy and fashionable styles featured on NRFB. They were kind enough to send me a few items, and based on what I received, I've already been looking for more to add to my wardrobe! The quality is good and the fit is true to size. I also received a small candle from the site, which smells absolutely amazing. You can find so many things for such an affordable price (some under $20!) and I promise that once you go to this site once, you will continue to go back.
Check out the two items that I received:
Fleetwood Embroidered Dress
Santiago Huckleberry Candle by Voluspa
Check out the two items that I received:
Fleetwood Embroidered Dress
Santiago Huckleberry Candle by Voluspa
If you are looking for trendy fashion on a budget, No Rest for Bridget should definitely be added to your list of go-to online shops!
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
|image via www.ew.com|
Ever since watching The Office, I have been slightly obsessed with Mindy Kaling. Once I got into The Mindy Project, however, I was hooked. This girl just gets it. She is an everyday girl who goes through everyday things, which she makes very clear in her amazing book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns). While recounting funny stories from her childhood, her climb to entertainment industry success, and her experience in Hollywood, Mindy makes you feel like these silly childhood dreams are possible. This book had me curious, excited, and amazed. It also had me laughing out loud (which is not something I tend to do while reading in my bed by myself). This is an absolute must-read for all young women (and men for that matter) who are trying to make sense of their post-graduate lives. Mindy will make you feel like your crazy thoughts, feelings, and impulses are absolutely normal. In fact, they are encouraged.
Check out this book and let me know your thoughts!
Monday, February 17, 2014
A list of the steps to a slow realization that we are now adults...
21. You are in bed by 11 PM.
20. Weeknights are strictly for eating dinner and catching up on prime time television.
19. You are still living at home or are struggling to make ends meet if you have moved out.
18. You have rediscovered the joy of reading for pleasure.
17. Your exciting landmark birthdays are over and with each passing year you realize you are far less accomplished at your age than you had anticipated.
16. You realize that obesity is a real thing that will happen to you if you continue your college diet.
15. You realize you now have more in common with your mom than with your high school aged neighbor.
14. Your wardrobe has cycled out Converse sneakers and graphic t-shirts and has cycled in blazers and blouses.
13. You buy wine in a bottle (instead of a box) and bring it to your friends' houses when they have "girls' nights" or "pot lucks."
12. Committed relationships are accompanied by the assumption of marriage.
11. Being single leads you (and those around you) to question if you will ever find the right person.
10. Drinking more than 2 beers leads to an all-day hangover.
9. Your friends are getting engaged and getting pregnant (on purpose).
8. You have started a retirement fund.
7. You have multiple planning, weight loss, and productivity apps in your phone to keep you on track.
6. You wake up on your own at 9 AM on weekends.
5. You are expected to get nice gifts for your family members on holidays and birthdays.
4. You find yourself getting more excited about a 24 hour Law and Order: SVU marathon than a night out at the club.
3. Your "Year in Review" on Facebook went from weekly photos of partying to photos of #tbts, homecoming, and family weddings.
2. You realize that your dream job is not something that will fall into your lap, but is something you need to work towards and make sacrifices for.
1. You love reading lists about life in your 20s, because it makes you feel normal and somewhat excited about what your life has become (and where it is going).
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Waiting til the very last minute to find that perfect gift your loved one? Well, you're not alone! Valentine's Day always seems to sneak up out of nowhere, so don't feel bad that you haven't gotten your pride and joy something incredibly thoughtful yet. There's still time! And with these very loving and personal ideas...it will seem like you spent months (okay, days...) thinking about it!
1. Valentine's Day Coupons
Though this may seem childish at first (I remember making coupons for my mom when I was growing up... '1 free room cleaning' , but for your significant other, you can put any spin on these you want! Make them flirty, fun, adventurous, sexy, or just plain courteous (or a mix of all of these) and make your valentine very happy! Visit my Etsy store for an inexpensive printable of some Valentine's coupons here:
2. Scrapbook / Photo Collage Canvas
Okay, so a scrapbook may be a bit ambitious, but a photo collage is just as good (and can be more original if you really commit). Print some photos of you and your honey at home or at a local photo kiosk and Mod Podge them onto a canvas. If you want to get really fancy you can: paint the canvas, design the background of the canvas, make the collage in the shape of a heart, and much more. Personalize it as much as you can and it is sure to be a hit!
3. DIY Photo Canvas
We've all seen these and many have succumbed to purchasing multiple for our homes (guilty). But, did you know these are also incredibly to make on your own? Check out this amazing site with an incredibly easy DIY tutorial to find out how you can make your own beautiful photo canvas.
4. 52 Reasons I Love You Deck of Cards
image via papervinenz.com
Have a deck of cards, a printer, scissors, and a glue stick (and 52 reasons you love someone)? Well then this is just the gift for you! Create a personalized "book" of all the reasons you love your honey and it is sure to be a hit. This thoughtful gift will be something that can be cherished and looked back on forever. Also, if you can't think of 52 reasons (in the time given, of course), then replace some of the reasons with adorable pictures.
5. Personalized CD & Letter
So I know that the mixed tape is dead, but CDs are still alive (for those of us without auxiliary cables for our cars at least...). Even if your love only listens to music on their phone, CDs are completely transferable to MP3s. Choose songs that either have meaning in your relationship or song with lyrics that represent something in your relationship (I'd say about 10-15). Instead of a plain track list, write the track title and about a paragraph that goes with each song. When your valentine listens to the CD, they will be able to read your notes and recall a lot of wonderful memories or reflect on your wonderful love together.
All of these ideas are incredibly thoughtful, inexpensive, and easy (and can be done within the next two days). Do you have any quick and easy Valentine's Day ideas?
- 50 Days of Savings (9)
- Apps (4)
- Beauty (10)
- Black Friday (2)
- Blog (3)
- Blog Spotlight (2)
- Books (4)
- Budget (48)
- Cyber Monday (1)
- Deal of the Day (20)
- DIY (12)
- Etsy (2)
- Fashion (53)
- Fitness (2)
- Food (30)
- Game Day (2)
- Get the Look (6)
- Giveaways (5)
- Guest Post (1)
- Health (1)
- Healthy (11)
- Home (4)
- Life (1)
- Lists (1)
- Makeup (2)
- Pinterest (3)
- Products (29)
- Quotes (25)
- Seasonal (22)
- Travel (1)
- Valentine's Day (2)
- Websites (46)
- Wedding (2)
- What's APP-ening (3)
- YouTube (1)
Powered by Blogger.
- ▼ April (3)
- ► 2013 (81)